Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Milton Friedman On Free Markets And Liberty

Well, my last effort at typing up a post was lost due to some glitch so I'm not in the mood to type alot right now. Therefore, I'm going to let someone else to most of the talking. As a quick note, I'm going to post one more commentary on the industrial economy within the next week or two.

I am very passionate about human rights, children's rights, civil liberties and the basic human dignity of freedom everyone on this earth should share. So much so that I find one of the most noble professions is that of human rights and civil liberties law. Thus, since President's Day was celebrated this week in the U.S., I'd like to post another topic as it pertains to freedoms, economics and civil liberties from one of the greatest thinkers of our time, Milton Friedman. Friedman was one of the first to blame central bankers for creating messes many decades ago. Because of his work, central bankers have now modified their policies to create more stable economies. Or so we will soon find out. If you enjoy original thought on the aforementioned topics, I guarantee this will be a very powerful read whether you agree with Friedman or not.

Many of the views expressed by Friedman in are quite radical. I like that. Not because his thoughts are radical for the sake of being radical but because his thoughts aren't the traditional group think of the herd. After reading this, you'll likely question many perspectives you held to be self evident. That's a good thing.

Here's the link to the compendium of interviews compiled by Reason. If you want to read more on Friedman, do a search on Reason for a wealth of Friedmanisms.

This is a great article!

Update: I'm assuming most people know Milton Friedman. He's a Nobel Prize winning economist.
posted by TimingLogic at 8:34 PM