Friday, May 16, 2008

Collapsing Bee Populations, Genetically Modified Foods And, Of Course, Jimmy The Scam, Er, I Mean Public Relations Artist.

Blogger Jimmy said...

There is no scientific study that I know that indicate that genetically modified crops are responsible for the so-called bee colony disorder. I have heard people say so, but this is all noise meant to portray genetically modified foods in bad light.

1:06 PM

The above is a comment that was placed on my blog today by an anonymous "Jimmy" who offers no back tracking to his identity. Or so he thinks.

Being that I am an inquisitive person and experienced a similarly suspicious post when I was critical of American auto companies resisting increased mileage requirements, I thought I would do a few minutes of digging. So, I went back and did a Google blog search on genetically modified foods and bee populations. My blog was sixth and first on the respective search results list. (I get a lot of great search result ranking even though I've been critical of Google's stock valuation. Thanks Sergey and Larry for not taking it personally.)

Anyhow, I went back and traced Jimmy's IP address to a company by the name of v-Fluence. Ah, how interesting. Googling v-Fluence yields the following result:

v-Fluence Interactive Public Relations - 9:45am Non traditional firm combining new technology with traditional public affairs and public relations to strategically manage client's message and reputation ...
www.v-fluence.com/ - 25k -
Cached - Similar pages - Note this

It appears Jimmy might be a paid pumper or whatever for a public relations
firm. No doubt they do regular Google searches or have web crawlers on particular topics. Then they likely
respond to what are perceived as public relations risk for their clients by spreading canned messages
or uncertainty.

Now guess what the next search result under v-Fluence is? Someone at a site called Political Friendster.
And, what does this site tell us? That Jimmy might be a paid scammer for genetically modified food
companies trying to spread uncertainty in the name of corporate profits over safety?
Jimmy, I think
you are deserving of some front page public relations you so eagerly want for. You are welcome back
any time your heart desires. Keep up the great work Jimmy. By the way Jimmy, your clients might
request that you get IP masking software in the future so that your attempted manipulations aren't
so blatantly obvious.

Now, if Jimmy's public relations firm has any savvy at all, they also Google or crawl their company name regularly.
And, if they do, they will now find my post about Jimmy. Hopefully, they will enjoy reading this as much
as I enjoyed learning about Jimmy. Ain't the internet grand?

Political Friendster - Rate Connection - vfluence Interactive ...The vfluence client list is the Frankenfood defence team with petrochemical pharmers and pseudo science, right wing oil money think tanks its so retro, ...
www.politicalfriendster.com/rateConnection.php?id1=4176&id2=561 - 14k -


If Jimmy was using a deceptive IP generator or somehow v-Fluence was not involved in this act, I extend my apologies. If v-Fluence would like to respond, I would gladly post any clarification.


posted by TimingLogic at 1:46 PM