Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Just Added PICO Search To The Blog

I thought I would give PICO a little free advertising for having a very nice product. Their analytics are substantially better than anything else I have seen, their pricing is dirt cheap and they have a site search option that is free of charge.

The search box at the top left hand corner of the blog works marginally but the Google site search in the right hand column of the blog has been nothing but trouble over the past 18 months. After receiving a fair amount of complaints I just installed PICO Search. Google's site search results often excluded over 90% of the posts. After some initial testing, PICO's results appear to be completely accurate. While I haven't yet removed the Google search box, I'm simply running a few tests before it hits the trash heap.
posted by TimingLogic at 2:28 PM