Thursday, June 10, 2010

The President's Empty Rhetoric About Financial Reform Is Replaced By "Dick Cheney-type" Secret Lobbyist Meetings Excluding The Media

and by conclusion, excluding democracy. Didn't President John F. Kennedy warn us about the lack of transparency in government? And that a democracy could not survive without it? I do believe so. It's no coincidence our democracy is under siege.

I would like to participate in this meeting. I believe I have at least as many viable ideas to create a stable financial system as the retards on Wall Street who were caught completely off guard by their own stupidity. In fact, I have some very unique ideas that I haven't seen discussed and I am sure I am far from alone. And since Wall Street doesn't seem to have any ideas, why don't you invite me? In fact, Mr. President, you work for all of the American people. You should invite all of us to participate in your secret meetings. Let's see how much your agenda embraces democracy and the public interest. If you have nothing to hide and truly have our best interests at heart, why don't you invite all of the lobbyists you want and broadcast the meeting live on C-SPAN so we can all participate in the democratic process? Better yet, why don't you ask for an hour from the major television channels at, say, 8pm on a Saturday night so we are all guaranteed time to participate? I think real financial reform is important enough to invite every American during a time they are most likely available. I think we would like to hear what is going on in all of those secret meetings in Washington. You know, the ones that end up selling out We the People for Washington's corporate masters.

Would someone like to tell me the difference between Obama's countless secret meetings with drug companies, health insurance monopolies and financial lobbyists and Cheney's secret meetings with energy companies? So much for change you can believe in. More like more of the same old Dick. Cheney, that is.
posted by TimingLogic at 5:29 AM