Friday, August 06, 2010

Constitutional Rights Groups Challenge Legality Of U.S. Federal Government Policy Of Targeted Killing Of American Citizens Without Due Process

Link in the title and additional link here.

Who is "the decider" of who gets killed without due process? Who is the authority which decides the fateful death of another human without legal representation and a trial by jury? That would be the state who is not bound by a written rule of law but instead arbitrary parameters determined by a power-seeking bureaucrat. This is exactly why we have a written rule of law and a constitution. So that thugs and kings cannot arbitrarily dictate their will on others. It is the only thing that separates us from gangs and murderers and psychopathic killers. It is all that separates us from Pol Pot and Idi Amin. It is all that separates us from the uncivilized.

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.
posted by TimingLogic at 9:09 AM