Tuesday, August 22, 2006

German Investor Confidence

Over the years I have found the mainstream journalism lacking in the US. So, I have tried to find sources of strong journalism on business outside of the US. The world we live in does not revolve around America exclusively and what is happening in the world's second and third largest economy, Japan and Germany, should be of primary importance to investors. As should China and the rest of the world.

Finfacts is one of the best sites for global business, economic and finance data I have found. It is far and way better than any US site I have found and I hit it every morning. Today is a front page story on Germany's plunge in investor confidence. Remember, Germany is the world's largest industrial goods exporter. Capex spending going to take over for the consumer? Fuel for a rally? Hardly. Some additional comments re sentiment later this week.

If the story falls off the front page by the time you read this, the direct link to the story and chart is here.

If you have found any good sites, email me or post it within the feedback forum as I'm always looking.
posted by TimingLogic at 9:12 AM