Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nobody Left To Buy Commodities But Me?

Re the last post, I find it interesting that I received an urgent voice message today from a brokerage firm trading in metals, gold and energy. I cringe when I listen to these telephone sales pitches. It conjures up images of the movie Glengarry Glen Ross. If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it. More because of the nature of the movie rather than its entertainment quotient. Personally, I wasn't able to enjoy the movie for the great acting in it. Of course, I'll throw in a caveat. The profanity is extreme.

When the cold calling team has gotten far enough down the call list to get me to invest in commodities, they have likely found all of the money they are going to find and the trade is very lopsided. It's anecdotal but mysteriously timely.
posted by TimingLogic at 11:53 AM