Thursday, August 20, 2009

Six Lobbyists Per Lawmaker Line Up To Grease Politicians On Health Care Reform

"Human Dignity has gleamed only now and then and here and there, in lonely splendor, throughout the ages, a hope of the better men, never an achievement of the majority."–James Thurber

In other words, never trust a greased politician with reforming anything and never trust a politician-lobbying bankster with your money.

“Whenever you have a big piece of legislation like this, it’s like ringing the dinner bell for K Street,” said Bill Allison, a senior fellow at the Sunlight Foundation, a Washington-based watchdog group, referring to the street in the capital where many lobbying firms have offices."

I seem to be on a pig theme here in the last few posts. So why not continue it? The dinner bell remark reminds me of calling pigs to the trough as a young boy. Yes, farmers actually do call animals for those who grew up in different landscape. We also called cattle. The cattle call we used was the word sook repeated over and over. Even though I learned this from someone who spoke German growing up, I discovered as an adult that the call was Scottish and had its roots in the original settlement of America in the 1700's. Something I suspect very few people on this earth know. I bring this seemingly useless point up because it is anything but. I find it rather pensive that much of our legacy as a people is being lost due to the Orwellian corporatization of society. In this case due to the dying family farm at the expense of the corporate food machine. On a more constructive note, I sense a substantial realization amongst many that we need to reclaim our history and who we are as humanity. To embrace our cultural diversity and our great histories that define much of who we are. To embrace our naturally inquisitive and intuitive self as we come to realize the often shallow existence that so many societies around the world now define as success. To realize that something is wrong with the values embraced by our leaders today. That something is, in fact, wrong with our leaders. They lack a sense of humanism. I believe this trend will continue to gain momentum as many realize much of what we now define as success is determined to be anything but. Part of a social change being impacted significantly by this crisis. And I believe it will have an enormous impact on future economics. In other words, the metaphysical search for quality. (By the way, I can't express in words how much I recommend this book. Or the fact that you will have to read it countless times to release the significance of its message.) Anyhow, there are plenty of pigs in the K Street bubble. I wonder if I stood on K Street and wound up my old pig-calling skills if I could call them to come running. Sooey! Sooey! Pig! Pig! Pig!
posted by TimingLogic at 5:32 AM