Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cash For Clunkers Part Deux - Senate Approves $1,000 Tax Break For Companies Hiring Workers. Umm, More Like Soviet Union Part Deux.

I know this is going to be a huge driver to hire thirty million unemployed or underemployed workers. I can't wait to run out and hire someone and pay them $50-100,000 so I can collect my $1,000. What would be even better is if the government would give me something for these people to do. You know, how about some make-work. We could clean windows for Congresspeople. Maybe wash their cars. How about doing their laundry? No, I have a better idea. Let's dig holes and then fill them back in when we are finished.

Do you know who is going to pay for this program? Taxpayers. Many of whom are out of work. So, the government is spending your savings even though you don't have a job. And maybe even if you don't have savings. They are just spending your future savings.

For God's sake. This is pathetic. This is what happens when bureaucrats run an economy. Soviet Union part deux.

posted by TimingLogic at 12:27 PM