Monday, December 13, 2010

“Gold Seems To Have Met A Perfect Bullish Storm”

I thought it was only appropriate to compare our last few gold post to very recent comments from Le Metropole Café – possibly the pre-eminent gold investment web site.   It appears they are wildly, and I do mean wildly, enthusiastic about gold right now.  And mind you, while I have said many times over the years that I do not like gold as an investment, I have also said I respect what the shiny metal’s action and have no problem trading it.  With that in mind, we have made more than one timely call on gold. 

Even if one is bullish on gold longer term, to be bullish right here seems bordering on insanity given recently developing dynamics around the world.  Personally, I tend to think Le Metropole’s comments right now are a perfect storm of ego-driven hubris without an understanding of the economic and financial dangers around gold rather than any insightful quantitative or qualitative analysis. 

posted by TimingLogic at 2:09 PM