Sunday, March 11, 2012

Diabetes Warning Required On Statin Medications

This is really shocking to me.   Not that diabetes is a possible side effect of taking statins.   Anyone who has looked into statins already knew that.  But, that a warning label actually is now required. 

I don’t want to go quoting statistics because I’m not sure how accurate they are.  But, do you know what many in the medical establishment believe is the number one cause of heart attacks?  Undiagnosed diabetes.   I have had three close relatives experience heart attacks in the last ten years.   All three had undiagnosed type 2 diabetes.  It killed one of them. 

Do you see any irony in taking a medication whose goal is it to reduce heart attacks having a side effect of causing an illness that many consider the number one cause of heart attacks? 

You know, at one time in my life I had excruciating head pain.   Aspirin provided some temporary relief but the pain kept coming back.  Finally, I had someone tell me I should quit hitting myself in the head with a hammer.   Guess what?  The pain went away.  Just saying.

posted by TimingLogic at 9:02 PM