Friday, November 07, 2008

Commercial & Rental Real Estate - A Problem Yet To Resolve Itself To The Downside

I mentioned this chart some weeks ago in one of the comments I made so the chart was pulled a month ago but given it is a thirty+ year chart, a month doesn't really change the character.

I saw a recent interview with Sam Zell. And, this is my tribute to the billionaire real estate developer. After that interview I have to question how Zell made all of that money. Oh, that's right. He rode the inflation trade. Zell recently remarked his approval of commercial and rental real estate. We shall see. Below is a long term chart of Washington REIT. Nothing will get the attention of Washington politicians and lobbyists faster than their Georgetown real estate falling in value.

posted by TimingLogic at 10:18 AM