Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Prince Alwaleed Gets Expensive Haircut - He Should Have Gone To Great Clips

Of course, he could have hired me. And, I wouldn't have charged anywhere near the 2-20 of most hedge funds. Instead, a nice dinner every so often and a measly pittance would be all I would have required. But, no bowing to royalty. It's unsightly for a free person to make such an undignified gesture. Of course, I will shake your hand or greet you with whatever method of respect you so desire. Although I'm not sure you deserve it because your wealth was taken from the people of Saudi Arabia.

By the way, if I actually have to state the obvious after being so bearish on hedge funds and the financial community, the 2-20 model is dead. No ifs ands or buts. I'll write more on that some other time. And, I'll explain specifically why it is dead.

From the title link above it appears Alwaleed's net worth has dropped from $21 billion to at least $8 billion in about a year. That's a pretty expensive haircut. Might I recommend Great Clips? I use a coupon for the $7.99 haircut. Since the difference between a good and bad haircut is seven days, it's really not necessary to spend $13 billion.
posted by TimingLogic at 5:02 PM