Tuesday, February 09, 2010

American Citizens On United States Federal Government Assassination List

Title Link here.

Four years ago this italicized text came across our blog as part of a larger post:

One of the most powerfully succinct writings I have ever come across as it pertains to human rights was uttered by Martin Niemoller around the end of World War II. This is a variation on a message that has been repeated by many great leaders of freedom. His quote is generally accepted to be:

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.

Today we see the United States federal government has authorized the assassination of American citizens. If you believe a rule of law separates our society from that of barbaric psychopaths and tyranny, then you understand why due process is so important. And you understand why we have a written Constitution. To protect us from the whims of tyrants. From those who wish to make the rules as they so choose whenever they so choose. For when this happens, when due process is hijacked, and they come for you, who will be left to speak for you?
posted by TimingLogic at 11:37 AM