Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Paul Farrell – Bankers And Politicians Are Liars

I’m less interested in Farrell’s comments about a crash than I am his naked remarks about Wall Street and politicians.  Finally, someone with a mainstream media voice willing to tell the truth – that Wall Street and politicians are often sociopaths, liars and grifters.    There are some people in Congress I trust enough that I would let them represent me.  But they are few and far between.

Those who seek power are never, ever to be trusted.   While I doubt it will happen, I would much rather our government run on a random generator of names to serve in Congress similar to jury duty.   Or that we nominate our representatives rather than vote for people who are so uncentered that they would adopt any view on any topic just to get elected aka the Mitt Romneys of the world.  But all we really need to do is change the rules of public service and we will attract a more virtuous person to the position. 

This is a perfect place for one of my favorite quotes regarding this topic. 

I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.”  -- William F. Buckley, Jr.

posted by TimingLogic at 10:54 AM